Chewing my keyboard

Sunday, February 13, 2005

New picture on site

I have added my first pastel painting/drawing.

It's an imperfectly remembered scene I saw at a demonstration of Bob Ross classes/paints whilst visiting Hobbycraft at Cribbs Causeway last week. Something vaguely like this, although it wasn't this painting. I personally think that going to a class where you follow step-by-step brushstroke instructions to produce exactly the same as everyone painting as everyone else from a set series of proscribed paintings is slightly soul-destroying and pointless. This guy kinda agrees with me but I don't think he'd be wild about my choice of subject matter.

On the other hand, utopian landscapes at least look nice - a huge improvement on the sh*te in the Tate Modern (more on that later).

This is the original picture - my memory ain't great, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home