Chewing my keyboard

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Why I love myself

I got about 2/3 of these correct first time. There were one or two about which I had no clue but otherwise I was pretty spot-on.

I've known about this effect for sometime. In fact, I enjoy studying it and have been right in a couple of cases where the people in question look, to me at least, like long-lost brother and sister. It really does show that beauty is, indeed, in the eye of the beholder.

Noticing a resemblance is very holistic and intuitive because 'resemblance' is something intangible. Out of people who I've liked who've liked me back that I've been very aware of, all have my sharp nose (but it's not that obvious on me because the spectacles cover mine up). One has exactly the same sandy/earth colouring that I have (sandy hair, freckles, green or brown eyes) and another has a very similar face shape to me (face wide and square at the cheekbones with a point at the chin).

When I was new to university, shy and more introverted and brooding, I was attracted to introverted, brooding men. Now I'm lighter and my animated nature is not just surface, I appear to be attracted to openly intelligent/informed men who are very lively and animated. Further, I don't find introverted, brooding men instantly attractive anymore.

All terribly interesting, especially since it's extremely rare I have *chemistry* for anyone. I'm 'vaguely interested' more frequently but it's all rather 'cold fish'. Evidently, there aren't that many people I intuitively feel are *like me* around - I'm not sure whether I should be happy or worried by that... Not that I'm claiming this to be an all encompassing theory or anything; I've never been quite sure the resemblance my parents are supposed to have.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home