Chewing my keyboard

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Love is...

So true, so true (well, certain types of love anyway... The Greeks did have 4 words for it :) ):

Love is...

When you are tied with invisible threads
When their pain is your pain regardless of the distance between you
When in facing the greatest trials of your life the last thought you wish to hold for eternity is of them

Unlike lust, love does not torment your dreams
For it is not what may be or what was but what is, as the stars are
The pain is muted, almost exquisite in its everpresent ache, and delicate as a caress

Love has neither the intense heat of infatuation nor the tepid familiarity of friendship
It is sex without desire and torment without demons
Instead it has a closeness and intimacy that transcends flesh, yet seeks to be made flesh
It is unselfconscious and sustainable through the turning of the years

Most of all, it looks beyond the trappings of external things the face and the body and taps deep into the soul embracing the spirit with the loyalty of kin…

3 Comments:

  • At April 24, 2005 at 2:41 PM, Anonymous Lou said…

    Good to be reminded of this, in the heat of the election! Elections, in my experience, can be a strain on relationships - even if you're both in the same party. Last election caused a split for me - but then that was a cross-party alliance! It propelled me into the LDs, so no bad thing in the long run ...

     
  • At April 24, 2005 at 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Unlike lust, love does not torment your dreams"

    Hmm... 8 months ago I was released from a long term relationship where it seemed I was more in love that my other half. I'm not sure that the above line is true.

     
  • At April 25, 2005 at 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Unlike lust, love does not torment your dreams"

    I always believe if it's working properly then it shouldn't... but I'm probably just naive :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home